Miss Mary Mack's Musings

Just the musings of an everyday chick.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello hello!

Well, it's a slow day at work ((systems down)) and I figured it was time to check in again. So, *twirling hair* how ya doooooin? Oh me? I'm great. Broke up with my boyfriend and found out my CA-125 is increasing, but nothing a little blogging won't cure. LOL kidding, yall...

What's a CA-125, you ask? Well, it's a tumor marker. Let me tell you a little something about me :) I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer when I was 18. Yup. Stage 4. Almost terminal, but I thank GOD they found it in time. It consumed both of my ovaries, both of my fallopian tubes, and part of my bowel. I left outta there with my uterus and a very cool scar running from my bellybutton down to the middle of my pelvic bone.

Anywho, your CA-125 marks like how much 'cancer' you have. And when I initially went in for surgery, my marker was close to 3000........ 2999 to be exact hahaha. And 'normal' markers are in the single digits. Well, after chemo and all'a that good stuff my marker was down to 6! YES! #BOSS..... but in my last 4 doctor's visits it has gone from 6 to 7 to 13 to 18. And my doctor doesn't know why :/ bummer dot com.

So yeah. That's where I am. Where are you? Tell me something good! ((system up and running, so let me get back to work))

Peace, <3 T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home